The 5th annual BaliSpirit Festival saw a truly epic and uplifting finish on Sunday, with closing prayers at Purnati and an electric finale of live music at ARMA. This year’s experience was our finest thanks to an amazing group of presenters,musicians, staff, volunteers and guests. More visitors, more classes and even more joy and positivity contributed to a warm atmosphere of energy, heart, and unity. Here is a glimpse of what Day 5 was like:
Top Blog Posts
- “Send some love to the children in the world…” — Twee Merrigan. Day 5 was FAMILY DAY and a group of dedicated yogis engaged in a 108 sun salutation charity mala to support our HIV/AIDS Bali community initiative, Ayo! Kita Bicara. The Festival’s top presenters led the practice with live music guiding the crowd through Surya Namaskara. View WEARE’s heartwarming and beautifully shot video or read Alexis’ blog post.
- One of the world’s finest Reggae music artists and BaliSpirit Festival headliner, Rocky Dawuni inspired the crowd to feel empowered on closing night.
- Alexis Lea Arvidson talks to one of the presenters, Jemma Rivera, about the art of Qi Gong.
- One World One Stage at ARMA ended with an unforgettable performance from Nahko and Medicine for the People. Experience how it felt when this genre-defying band closed the Festival with fans flocking to the stage to join the final celebration.
- The Senegalese musician, Vieux Aliou Cissokho, took the audience on an inward journey.
- Top BaliSpirit Festival musicians spoke in support of Indonesian culture, international collaboration, and combating racial prejudice at a press event. “This opportunity to collaborate breaks boundaries, and, I believe, helps prevent racism,” said Hope Medford, from Medicine for the People.
- BaliSpirit Festival created one big bubble of love. Dimitra Pappa reports.
- Jeremiah Abrams caught up with one of the leaders of BaliSpirit and a Co-Founder of Ubud’s Yoga Barn. Charlie Patton shares his take on this year’s festival.
- An overwhelming last day of the festival, and we are already looking forward to the next year with great anticipation.
- Personal empowerment is a hallmark of yoga. Read about how some of this year’s top presenters turned their lives around through the practice of yoga and wellness.
Video Day 5